Trusted Leaders In Estate Planning, Elder Law And Fiduciary Services
Burnside, Benjamin J.
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Fiduciary Services
- Public Benefits Planning
- Estate & Trust Litigation
Ben is a Certified Specialist in Estate & Trust Law by the State Bar of Arizona and a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation. Ben has been elected as a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. He joined Bogutz & Gordon, P.C. in 1999, after having practiced with a Tucson estate planning firm since 1994. He serves on and is past Chair of the State Bar of Arizona Probate & Trust Section Executive Council. Ben earned a B.S. in Commerce from the University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce, a J.D. from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law and an LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
He is a Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Pima County Bar Association. He writes and lectures frequently and is active in numerous community organizations, including formerly serving as Chair of the Board of Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc. and as a member of the Board of the Southern Arizona Estate Planning Council. Ben and his wife, Dena, a CPA, have traveled extensively to all seven continents, and they now have two children, Josephine and Ethan, who keep them closer to home.
- The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Major: Taxation
- University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce
- Major: Commerce
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Best Lawyers in America in Trusts and Estates, Tucson
- Lawyer of the year in Trusts and Estate, Tucson
- Former Chair, Board of Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
- State Bar of Arizona Probate & Trust Section Executive Council, Past Chair
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Pima County Bar Association, Member
- Board of the Southern Arizona Estate Planning Council, Member
- Certified Specialist in Estate & Trust Law, State Bar of Arizona
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- Licensed Fiduciary, Arizona Supreme Court