Trusted Leaders In Estate Planning, Elder Law And Fiduciary Services
Craig practiced elder law with the firm from 1985 through 2008. He had extensive experience in Medicaid/ALTCS planning, including Special Needs Trusts, was certified as a Specialist in Estate and Trust Law by the State Bar of Arizona, and recognized as a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF). Craig was also selected as a Fellow of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) in 1995 and Best Lawyers in America in 2007.
Craig has been quite active serving on the Boards and Executive Committees of both national and statewide elder law organizations (NAELA, NELF, Az-NAELA, Senior Rights PAC), while always looking out for the best interests of his clients. Craig has lived in Tucson since 1976 and is married to Barbara Smith, a pediatrician, and they have two daughters. Craig enjoys bicycling, birding, and SCUBA diving. Craig retired from the practice of law for health reasons in 2008.
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Iowa, 1974
- Arizona, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 1975
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1979
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member, 1988