When Your Estate Planning Goals Are Charitable
Many people want to give part or all of their property after death to favorite charities and/or nonprofit organizations. Examples include churches, universities, environmental causes and many others. Often, those who have such preferences can be described in one of these ways:
- They have much more to give than what their families would need.
- They want to maximize the power of their estates to be used for good and/or to minimize taxes.
- They have well-off children, estranged children or no children.
- They have passions (such as a desire to help children or save wildlife) that are reflected in the selected charitable causes.
- They want to make statements about what matters to them through planned charitable giving that is coordinated with estate planning.
The possibilities are endless, in fact. Bogutz & Gordon, PC‘s estate planning lawyers have considerable experience helping clients design legacies to be carried out through charitable bequests.
We Can Help You Explore Options And Create A Plan For Charitable Giving Through Your Estate
We will gladly take the time necessary to listen carefully as you explain your hopes for your legacy. We will then help you:
- Articulate your purpose
- Review types of charitable trusts and other tools appropriate for structured charitable giving
- Determine whether a charitable trust or other legal avenues of giving are right for you
- Understand how a charitable trust, bequest or foundation might complement your overall estate plan
We can help you consider and begin to implement ways of giving during your lifetime that can carry on productively when your estate becomes part of your legacy. These ways might include efforts such as:
- Investing assets to help them grow
- Establishing a professorship at a university
- Selecting and training officers for a foundation
- Getting specific charitable endeavors up and running, such as establishing a teaching farm or getting an elder enrichment program underway
Let Us Apply Our Legal Knowledge To Your Visioning Process
Our extensive experience in estate planning and our sense of vocation through the practice of law can benefit your legacy building. We are confident in our ability to help you translate your vision to reality.
Discuss charitable efforts during your lifetime so they may continue to achieve your goals long after you are gone. To get the conversation started, request a consultation at your convenience. Call 520-321-9700 or contact our law offices this website.